Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Off the Rails Scrapbooking Final DT Share - Favourite Technique

Hi there!

Just popping in today to share a final project I created as part of the Off the Rails Scrapbooking Design Team.....  I have had a fabulous time over the past two years on this team so I a huge thank you to Amanda and the team!
So to finish off I thought I would share one of my favourite techniques with you Creating Mixed Media Canvas's!  If you like getting messy you will love this!!

"Finished Mixed Media Canvas"


I start by raiding my craft room for lots of embellishments, it can be anything from chipboard, flowers, buttons, metal trinkets, beads the list is endless!  

First up I used a scrapmatts triangle stencil with texture paste to add texture paste to the background.  Next was the fun bit adding your embellishments to your canvas, there is no right or wrong way, just pop them on and stick them down :)  I must admit I did position mine on this canvas more than I usually would as I wanted them to flow across the page..  As you can see they are all different colours, that doesn't matter...... why??

Now you are going to give them a thick coat of gesso, until they are all covered


Next is the best bit, it's all good but this is so much fun adding all your colour....  I kept to the yellow/gold tones on this canvas as it was made for my daughter and yes she is yellow mad :) :)  I just kept adding colour until I was happy, but remember to dry each layer of colour with your heat gun, so you don't end up with a muddy mess especially if using several different colours......

This is my canvas before adding a photo!


Some close ups........





Well that's all from me today, I hope I inspired you all to raid your craft room and get a little messy it's so much fun.  Thanks so much to all that have visited me over on the Off the Rails Scrapbooking on the blog over the last two years and all the lovely comments........

Until next time thanks so much for stopping by and happy crafting Tania xx

2 comments :

  1. This looks amazing, I love the golden tones and loved the step by step too... the end result looks fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This looks awesome Tania! I love how it all flows from corner to corner and the colour is gorgeous!! A simply stunning canvas to showcase the lovely photo of your daughter! Have a fabulous day! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it!